Dentistry, in particular cosmetic dentistry, has come a long way in recent years. Gone are the days of silver fillings, which are not only displeasing to the eye, but they can crack and damage the tooth. At District Dental Center, we chose to use composite bonded (tooth color) fillings to restore simple cavities. We also utilize full ceramic fillings and crowns for more complex cases.
For cosmetic dentistry cases, porcelain crowns and veneers can be used to achieve any shade of white desired. In-office Zoom whitening as well as take home whitening trays can give your natural tooth that added boost of white. Invisalign can also be used cosmetically to re-align misaligned teeth and create that natural, beautiful smile.
District Dental Center offers the following cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Zoom in-office whitening
- Custom take-home whitening trays
- Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain Onlays/Inlays
- Composite fillings
- Cosmetic Bonding
Comfort and Relief Options
We understand that a trip to the dentist invokes fear and anxiety in almost 10% of the population. At District Dental Center, we understand your anxiety and will do our best to work with you to overcome it. In addition to the gentle bedside manner of both Dr. Schobel and Dr. Gialanella, we offer some services to make patients more comfortable.
- Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas)–fast onset and fast release, Nitrous Oxide helps relax the patient during procedures.
- Axyolitic Medications (valium, halcion, etc) –used for more advanced anxiety, these pills are taken 1 hour prior to the appointment and your vitals are monitored throughout the procedure. A responsible party is required to come to the beginning and end of the appointment. Call District Dental Center to find out if this is something that can work for you.
- Isolyte/Isodry System–Hate that feeling of drowning at the dentist? The Isodry system is an isolation system that protects your lip, tongue, and cheek as well as sucks up the water and allows you a bite block to stay open. Not only is it more comfortable for the patient, it allows the dentists to do superior work.
- In Operatory Entertainment (coming soon).
Let District Dental Center be your cosmetic dentist in Washington, DC. Schedule your appointment today!